This feature will require fewer clicks and responses than using the Indeed Easily Apply feature only.
The ExactHire ATS can help convert more candidates into job applicants via the Indeed Easily Apply feature for job seekers that access the Indeed job board on their mobile devices and/or their desktop computer using their Indeed Profile account. This feature will require fewer clicks and responses than using the Indeed Easily Apply feature only.
Using the Indeed Short Application Feature
- This feature allows the selection of the Indeed Short Application for individual Application Templates created within the ExactHire ATS.
- Locate the Application Template to be modified in the Settings > Applications Templates area. Open the More Options menu and select Additional Settings.
- Check the box to Accept Indeed Short Applications and Save Indeed Settings.
Enabling the Indeed Short Application feature for an Application Template means that permission has been given to Indeed to allow applicants to use the Indeed Easily Apply process for any jobs associated with that Application Template. With the feature enabled applicants will be allowed to submit their Indeed Profile to start their application. Applicants will then be asked to answer only the Job Questions (if included on the Job), the EEOC Voluntary Information Questions (Race, Gender, Veterans and Disability, if included in the Application Template), and the Applicant Statement (if included in the Application Template). Other information will populate in the Employment History, Education, and References areas if the applicant has included that information in their Indeed Profile, otherwise those sections will not be visible in the submitted application. Custom application questions will never be asked of applicants using the Indeed Short Application feature.
Not Using the Indeed Short Application Feature
Choosing not to enable the Indeed Short Application feature for an Application Template means that permission has been given to Indeed to allow applicants to use the Indeed Easily Apply process for any jobs associated with that Application Template. However, applicants will be asked each question contained in the Application Template in addition to providing their Indeed Profile. With the use of the Indeed Profile, some information may automatically fill the question response fields based on the settings of the applicant's Indeed Profile otherwise the applicant will enter a reply to each required question.
By default all Application Templates are set not to use the Indeed Short Application feature.
Indeed Short Application feature and the Multi Step Application Template
- Enable the Indeed Short Application for the Application Template. Within the Application Template select Multi Step ON. Customize the Application Template by placing the application sections for Resume, EEOC (Voluntary Information), and Applicant Statement in Step 1.
- Add all remaining application sections to Step 2. This will allow for the capture of remaining information (such as complete Education, Employment, References, and Custom Questions) from applicants later in the screening process.
- Use the Invite to Next Step option found in the More Options menu in the Applicant Record to invite the applicant to complete Step 2.
What does ExactHire recommend?
ExactHire encourages clients to utilize the Indeed Short Application feature in connection with the Multi Step feature in the Application Template. This will boost the number of applications received. The initial information received will contain applicant profile information, resume, EEOC responses, Applicant Statement agreement, and Job Questions. More information such as detailed employment history, education, references, and additional custom questions can be obtained from the applicant on the second step of the Multi Step application further into the screening process.