Whatever the reason, if you are rehiring an employee that was previously hired using the OnboardCentric system, these tips may help you reduce confusion and minimize any extra work by your team.
Many Companies REHIRE employees for seasonal work, after a successful internship, or as a promotion within the company. Whatever the reason, if you are rehiring an employee that was previously hired using the OnboardCentric system, these tips may help you reduce confusion and minimize any extra work by your team.
- OnboardCentric identifies ‘unique’ users by the email address associated with the employee. When the employee leaves the job currently identified in OnboardCentric, the email address should be changed. (We suggest adding OLDPROFILE to the beginning of the email address and then saving the profile.)
- Click Save to ensure the new email address is saved.
Once the email address has been altered, the profile should be DEACTIVATED.
All of your employee’s data will be saved in this old, inactive profile.
- While viewing the profile that needs deleted, click the DEACTIVATE button on the bottom right of the screen.
- Confirm deactivation in the pop-up box
You can locate this old user profile by expanding the search options next to the internal search bar.
- Expand the search functions to include ‘Inactive’ users.
- Select ‘OK’.
- Search for the deactivated/ inactive user.
Add the employee to OnboardCentric as you would with any other new hire - use the new hire’s start date(s), job title, and appropriate FlexFields.
If you are a PlanSource client, the new hire PAYROLL tab will not function due to the Social Security Number being the unique identifier already in the PlanSource system. Please follow the PlanSource procedure to REHIRE an employee.