There are various levels of users available in Applicant Tracking. Based on your user type, you may not be able to view certain features or perform certain actions. Keep this in mind as you maneuver through the system.
Found on the Users Dashboard, there are three main types of Users: Administrators, Managers, Assigned Users
ADMINISTRATORS - These Users have access to all parts of the portal (or sometimes multiple sub-portals). Administrator users may be assigned to just one career portal/subdomain or multiple sub-domains, if applicable for an organization.
Within the Administrator level, there are two types of permissions:
- Basic Administrator - This type of Admin is the default for organizational accounts with only one branded career portal (as opposed to multiple sub-portals in one account). This level of Administrator is also necessary in organization accounts that include more than one career sub-portal for an organization. For example, a parent organization has more than one division and has a separately branded jobs portal for each division. In this scenario, this is the type of Administrator to utilize for individuals who should access all functionality for just one sub-portal; or, for example, two out of three sub-portals within an organizational account...but NOT ALL the sub-portals within an organization. Therefore, this Basic Admin will not be able to access jobs, applicants, users, etc. that are assigned to other sub-portals to which he/she does not have access.
- Master Administrator - This level is utilized in multi-portal scenarios when only certain Admins should have access to all portals' applicants, jobs, settings, users, etc. - while other lower-level Admins (Basic Administrators) should only access their own business unit's portal. If you have more than one branded career portals and would like to take advantage of the Master Administrator option for some users in your organization, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have us enable the Master Administrator feature. Once this is enabled, you will have access to give certain users this ability via the yes/no box highlighted below in the user setup area:
MANAGERS - This restricted user will only have access to a specific business unit/department (or group of business units).
Within the Managers level, there are three types of permissions:
- Posting Manager - This restricted user has the ability to view applicants, change status codes, archive applicants, email applicants, spotlight applicants to other users, optionally add notes to applicant records, AND post jobs. NOTE: While the Posting Manager may automatically create new job listings, one may optionally select whether the Posting Managers also have the right to create new job templates. This type of user may be customized to allow one to edit the EEO for manually added applicants, as well.
- Non-Posting Manager - This restricted user has the ability to view applicants, change status codes, archive applicants, email applicants, spotlight applicants to other users, optionally add notes to applicant records. This user CANNOT post jobs. This type of user may be customized to allow one to edit the EEO for manually added applicants, as well.
- Viewing Manager - This restricted user has the ability to view applicants, and may optionally add notes if designated. This user CANNOT post jobs, change applicant status codes, archive applicants, spotlight applicants, or email applicants.
All types of managers may be restricted from seeing the "Notes & History" tab of an applicant's record, as well as from having the ability to make notes. One may also restrict or enable a manager's ability to copy applicants to other jobs for consideration in other areas.
Managers can see other jobs to which an applicant has applied even if they are within business units not accessible by the manager. However, if those positions fall outside of the manager's business unit authority, then he/she will not be able to view the candidate application answers for these positions nor be able to assign the applicant a status code for those positions.
ASSIGNED USERS - This restricted user will only have access to individual applications to which he/she is assigned.
- Assigned Users may be restricted from seeing the "Notes & History" tab of an applicant's record, as well as from having the ability to add notes.
- One may also restrict or enable an Assigned User's ability to see other positions to which the applicant has applied.
If a user ever leaves your company and you want to deny him/her further access to the Applicant Tracking, simply archive that user by selecting the Down Arrow next to the name.
Note: The user must be found within the Applicant Tracking before you will be able to adjust User Settings. Please use the instructions in this document provided by PlanSource to add the Applicant Tracking authority to any PlanSource SSO User: Granting PlanSource Users Access to Applicant Tracking